The actions carried out by the intermediate body of the Undersecretary of Science and Innovation (OI-SCI) fall within the framework of thematic objective 1, "Strengthening research, technological development and innovation", within priority axis 1 of the Spanish Multi-Regional Operational Programme (POPE) FOR 2014-2020. These actions are implemented under the following investment priorities:
- Investment priority 1: Enhancing research and innovation infrastructure and capacities to develop research and innovation excellence and promoting centres of competence in particular those of European interest. The following lines of action fall within specific objective O.E.1.1.2 of strengthening R&D institutions and creating, consolidating and improving scientific and technological infrastructures:
- Unique Scientific and Technical Infrastructure (ICTS);
- Spanish participation in Large-Scale International Scientific and Technological Infrastructures (ESFRI);
- LifeWatch ERIC actions ,(European E-Science Research ,Infrastructure for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Research), based in Spain;
- Scientific and technological infrastructures of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC).
- Investment priority 1b: Promoting business investment in business-led R&I, developing links and synergies between businesses, research and development centres and the higher education sector, in particular by promoting investment in development. The following line of action falls within specific objective O.E.1.2.1 of boosting and promoting business-led R&D&I activities, fostering the creation and consolidation of innovative companies and promoting innovative public procurement:
- Promotion of demand-side innovation and innovative public procurement (CPI)