This programme, called "Biodiversity exploration, analysis and foresight: Possible responses to the 2030 strategy for sustainable development in a context of global change", aims to develop nature-centred solutions focused on the impact of anthropogenic activities to mitigate the biodiversity crisis while facilitating the mitigation and adaptation of natural systems to climate change. In particular, the parties express their willingness to identify, where applicable, as areas of future collaboration for the development of the programme the following lines of action (LA):
- LA-1: Platforms for biodiversity observation with aeronautical and aerospace technologies.
- LA-2: Biodiversity monitoring and surveillance.
- LA-3: Inventory of ecosystem services.
- LA-4: Assessment and mitigation of the impact of global change on biodiversity.
- LA-5: Integrated e-infrastructure for biodiversity observation.
- LA-6: Network of biodiversity study and management centres.
The programme was initially launched with the Autonomous Communities of Galicia, Andalusia, the Principality of Asturias, the Canary Islands, Extremadura and the Balearic Islands by signing a framework agreement with the Ministry of Science and Innovation.
Subsequently, the Autonomous Community of the Basque Country joined following the Agreement of the Council for Scientific, Technological and Innovation Policy of 22 June 2022.