This programme is aimed at developing strategic actions based on hydrogen to transform the current energy paradigm and minimise greenhouse gas emissions. In particular, the parties express their willingness to identify, where applicable, as areas of future collaboration for the development of the programme the following lines of action (LA):
- LA-1: Low-temperature generation of green hydrogen from renewable energy.
- LA-2: Low-temperature generation of green hydrogen from off-shore wind power.
- LA-3: High-temperature generation of hydrogen from renewable energy using residual heaters.
- LA-4: Hydrogen and biomethane generation from biomass.
- LA-5: Generation of biofuels from hydrogen and CO2.
- LA-6: Development of systems for pressurised storage and supply of green hydrogen.
- LA-7: Uses of hydrogen in heavy transport, aviation and maritime sectors.
- LA-8: Uses of hydrogen in the industrial combustion sector.
- LA-9: Uses of hydrogen in the industrial and domestic sectors using fuel batteries.
- LA-10: Uses of hydrogen in the industrial sector to reduce CO2 emissions and as a chemical agent.
- LA-11: Technical and economic studies and market launch of utility models. Dissemination, education and training activities for new researchers.
- LA-12: General project coordination.
- LA-13: Commissioning of the National Energy Storage Research Centre.
The programme was initially launched with the Autonomous Communities of the Basque Country, Principality of Asturias, Aragon, Castilla La Mancha, Canary Islands, Navarre, Extremadura and Madrid, with the participation of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), by signing a framework agreement with the Ministry of Science and Innovation.
Subsequently, the Autonomous Communities of Cantabria and Castilla y León joined following the Agreement of the Council for Scientific, Technological and Innovation Policy of 22 June 2022.